SurTec 650V is a hexavalent chromium free passivation for aluminium, suitable for alloyed and casted aluminum. It is also used as a pre-treatment before lacquering, powder coating and gluing.
- It produces an iridescent, faintly blue to tan and visible(V) layer.
- It has excellent bare corrosion protection comparable to hexavalent passivation.
- Approved by Qualicoat it meets or exceeds MIL-DTL-81706B and MIL-DTL-5541F for bare corrosion (336 h in neutral salt Spray per ASTM B-117, respectively, DIN EN ISO 9227). Electrically it has a low contact resistance:
- <5000 μOhm per square inch per MIL-DTL-81706B.
- Can be used as an alternative to Alocrom 1200 & 1000 subject to end use.
Processes conform to but not limited to:
- MBDA Missile Systems BMS 1999 current revision.
- Safran Aerospace EPS 2018
- Leonardo AP50104299