Powder coatings are applied and come in a wide variety of colours textures and gloss levels and offer a highly durable scratch and chemical resistant finish. It also provides excellent corrosion protection.
There are five major types of Electrostatic powder:
- Epoxy Polyester
- Plastic (Plasticoat warm to touch)
Each of these powders has different performance characteristics.
Powder Coating Applications
Pre-treatment scan be used prior to application these include:
- Zinc Electroplating
- Aluminium conversion coating
- Ion Phosphate to aid adhesion and corrosion performance
Powder Coating Colours
Non-standard colours may be available on request. Please enquire for details of textures and gloss levels.
Summary of Powder Coating Qualities
- No risk of running or blistering
- High repeatability
- Powder coatings withstand knocks and abrasion far better than wet paint coatings
- Good formability (e.g. can be formed after coating)
- Suitable for outdoor use – good resistance to UV and corrosion
- A beautiful and uniform quality finish without paint runs
- Cost efficient – even on small batches or single items
- The electrostatic powder process ensures complete coverage – even on complex shapes
- Choice of finishes – clear, plain colour, metallic or textured
- Protection against external ultraviolet fading
- Corrosion resistance
- Exceptional gloss and colour retention
- Robust mechanical and chemical performance – good at resisting abrasion, acids, solvents etc.
- Good electrical insulation capabilities
- Strong resistance to chips, scratches, chemicals and grease
- Virtually any colour can be matched
- Tends not to run, drip or sag which may result in fewer rejects
- High resistance to damage by weather
- Contains no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)